Provide the leadership, management and vision to ensure
–proper operational controls
Are in place to effectively grow companies and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Development of Key Performance Indicators
Implementations of Lean process for continuous improvement and process implementation
Increased On-Line Conversion from 11.9% to 19%
Development and Implementation of B&M and E commerce Sales Strategy
Implemented sales, marketing and social media scheduling
Strategic Partnerships, Licensing, Franchising
PROFIT& LOSS ACCOUNTABILITY
Stabilized revenue from year of decline returning profitability
Established auditable books and gap accounting principles
Reduced overtime spending by 60%
Established inventory management systems (ERP)
Budget Development and Projections
Cost of Goods Sold Analysis
Reduced general operating costs by over $400,000 through analysis
Implemented Salesforce software for improved customer retention
Implemented sales, marketing and social media scheduling
25% Former Client Recapture
Brick and Mortar "Business In Box" direct sales strategy
Brokered sponsorship deals with the PGA, Nascar and a rock band
Developed and Implemented of Global Franchise Programs
Implemented Customer Focus Groups
Implemented process improvement techniques throughout the company
Implementation of LEAN Methodology (5s)
Focus and Implementation of Keep Performance Indicators (KPI's)
Focus on Quality & Efficiency
Institutionalize Continuous Improvement and Strive to Excellence everyday
LEGAL & COMPLIANCE
Contract Drafting and Negotiation
M&A, Corporate Structure and Corporate Transactions
Employee / Labor Relations and Human Resources / Business Unit Advice
Commercial Real Estate
Reduction in Outside Costs by 95%($300,000)
Established and Maintained Programs for:
–OSHA / EPA / DOT/ Hazardous Materials / ACA/ FDA/ISO: 9001
Vision & Mission
Marketplace Evaluation and Strategy
Strategic Plan Matrix
Employee Evaluation & Reviews
Purpose, Goal, Metric
Team Build – ASKING WHY?
Success is Based on the Team
Performance Management and Compensation Analysis
Increase in employment Satisfaction, Engagement & Retention
401(k), Health Insurance development and enrollments
Remote workforce management
Handbook and Policy review
Dynamic, high energy and talented Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Legal professional with seven years of experience leading organizations to growth and success. Proven track record of applying LEAN methodologies and common sense business practices to quickly drive process improvement, problem solve and grow revenue. Proficient in brand positioning, increased sales, financial management and driving operational excellence. Champion of customer satisfaction and loyalty. Highly skilled in inspiring teams, professional development and employee relations. Demonstrated expertise in strategic thinking, contract negotiations, program development, problem solving and process improvement implementation. Skilled at utilizing key performance indicators and metrics to constantly improve businesses profits, drive improvement and increase customer satisfaction.
HOW I CAN HELP YOUR BUSINESS
OPERATIONS ANALYSIS & IMPROVEMENT
Detailed review of existing operations and systems to identify and fill gaps, eliminate waste and improve efficiency. Employ tried and true LEAN programs along with fresh, creative ideas. Develop a vision and strategy for success and effectively communicate the plan to stakeholders.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
Ensure that Top Talent is recruited, acquired and retained for optimum productivity. Create a culture and environment that fosters employee and organizational success.
BUSINESS GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Incorporate metrics and technology into the sales and marketing process while developing targeted messaging, aggressive goals and an atmosphere of team work to achieve objectives. Adapt to changing needs of customers and the marketplace.
Employ determined negotiation skills and common sense practices to protect the business from unnecessary, avoidable losses. Ensure that compliance and operating standards are consistently met.
Chief Operating Officer (COO), 6/2016 to 12/2017
Mt. Baker Vapor, LLC – Mesa, AZ
Served as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) for an International Electronic Cigarette Manufacturer and E-Commerce retail distributor; with Gross Annual Revenues over $45 million and 150 employees worldwide.
- Lead and directed all Operations, Strategic Planning, Operational Management, Business Development and Conflict Management
- Provided oversight and advice on all Human Resource matters including employee benefits, 401(k) ACA and labor law issues.
- Established and maintained operating standards, governmental regulatory compliance and total quality management while maintaining a current level of knowledge in industry-related trends and compliance standards to ensure a cohesive structure within the organization.; including FDA/OSHA/EPA compliance standards.
- Provided the leadership, management and vision to ensure proper operational controls, administrative procedures, reporting procedures and people systems were in place to effectively grow the company and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
- Oversight and P&L responsibility of the following departments: Sales and Marketing, Manufacturing, Pick Pack and Ship, Customer Service, Human Resources, Procurement, Research and Development, Compliance and Legal.
- Responsible for federal, state and local legislative affairs, policy development and legal compliance for the organization; including legal advice for multiple departments and business units.
- Provided leadership for Market retail and manufacturing operations and maintenance to achieve and maintain the highest standards of quality, customer satisfaction, delivery service, and manufacturing capability to accomplish production and sales goals.
- Established daily/monthly production and sales goals, aligning labor to production and sales plans, strategically identifying CAPEX for machinery to match production plan,
- Tracked and controlled unit COG’s and selling expenses in alignment with business plan.
Chief Operating Officer (COO), 4/2013 to 6/2016
Transtyle, Inc – Scottsdale, AZ
Served as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) for an International Luxury Transportation Company with gross annual revenues of $18 million annually and 175 employees nationwide.
- Oversaw and managed a fleet of 100+ vehicles, 150+ on-road drivers, 7 supervisors, 5 managers, and 20+ office staff providing performance reviews, records management, as well as continuous improvement of processes and operations.
- Handled complaints from customers and accounts, settle disputes, and resolve conflicts.
- Evaluated Information to determine compliance with standards.
- Developed, Measured and reported metrics and qualitative results monthly.
- Conducted customer visits and business reviews, ensuring the company maintained their client roster and customer satisfaction Implement marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems to promote overall company sales.
- Instituted effective preventive maintenance and DOT inspection programs across fleet.
- Conducted regular, periodic fleet audits.
- Oversaw DOT and TSA Compliance and reporting as it relates to the fleet.
- Assisted in the establishment and implementing of chauffeur training and safety programs Increased account and customer satisfaction by 34% from 2012.
- Initiated and implemented company 'Lease to Purchase' program which resulted in increased driver loyalty and company savings of over $550,000 in annual fixed costs.
- Renegotiated 8 current contracts resulting in $280,000 company savings in annual fixed costs.
- Oversaw and was instrumental in the increased growth of the Motor Coach Division by 500%; simultaneously increasing profits by over 340%.
Managing Attorney, 11/2012 to 4/2015
AP Boorse, PLLC – Chandler, AZ
Served as Managing Attorney for a Small Business Legal Practice Represented individuals and businesses with legal matters including breach of contract, employment law, construction law and criminal defense.
- Resolved partnership disputes by reviewing general ledger, P&L, assets and liabilities, and contracts to recommend dissolution of settlement advice.
- Arranged settlement for default of UCC security agreement through negotiations with opposing counsel.
- Performed research on government regulations and compliance for medical device startup.
- Developed initial contracts and established compliance system.
- Successful award of over $50,000 for breach of contract dispute.
- Prepared motions, briefs and in court representation.
- Successful merger and eventual sale of two multistate entities including real property, securities and general transactional principles.
Business Operation/Compliance Manager, 08/2010 to 12/2012
Sports Club Management, Inc– East Stroudsburg, PA
Served as Business Operations Manager for a National Health Club Management Company with gross annual revenue of $20 million and 200 employees nationwide.
- Improved customer communications and service, streamlined company operations and increased revenues.
- Served as main Human Resources contact for employee's issues.
- Resolved governmental complaints for alleged employee misconduct and sexual harassment.
- Researched and advised corporation on environmental land use and right of way access.
- Analyzed purchase agreement for shared easement access and improvement concerns and advised management.
Bachelor of Art: History
Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
Bachelor of Science: Justice Studies
Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- License to Practice Law AZ: 029717
- Arizona Federal District Court
- Hazwoper 40
- RCRA Hazardous Generator / DOT Hazardous Waste